WHO ARE WE?
When we refer to ‘we’ ‘our’ or ‘us’ that means JJ Creation Ltd. Our main office is in New Zealand but we operate and have an office in Hong Kong, and our online store operates worldwide. For European Union data protection purposes, we act as a controller in relation to your personal data.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website or use our services we collect personal data.
The information you provide us directly includes:
• Making customer purchases
• Accepting customer orders
• Processing credit card payments
• Subscribing to receive emails
• During conversations with our ASTRA office
• When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means)
• Entering a competition or promotion hosted or sponsored by ASTRA
• Information you provide to us via third parties such as Facebook
Please see the below for more about what we collect and why:
• Your name and contact details eg. your residential or business address, email address and telephone number. We collect this information to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us we provide your personal data to third parties that assist in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers, send order updates via email, and sending you information about our new products and services that you have opted in to receive.
• Your payment information (we do not keep this). We collect this to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products, tax invoices or receipts and refunds.
• Your company name. We collect this to deliver your purchase to you if you have provided a business address.
• Contact history between you and ASTRA. We collect this to answer your questions and provide you with information, advice, and to consider and respond to complaints you have made.
• Your shopping preferences and a list of products you have purchased from ASTRA. This may include your shopping history, items, shapes, plating, or other attributes of products we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future. We collect this to provide you with relevant customer information and notify you of products and specials offers that may be of interest to you.
• Information we require to deliver, service or fulfill warranty obligations for products. We collect this to give you the best service possible with this information.
• Your responses to surveys, competitions, and promotions. We collect this to give you the best shopping experience and provide you with product news and special offers you may have opted in to receive when responding.
• Information about how you use our Site such as currency and location preferences. We collect this to give you the best shopping experience.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” Your personal online security is important to us. We are partnered with Payment Express (Direct Payment Solutions) to provide a secure payment system for our website. Payment Express is committed to data security and uses a variety of technologies and procedures to help protect personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Our website uses the industry standard security protocol Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to store and safely transmit your personal and credit card information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The primary purpose for our use of your data is to operate our websites, provide you with our services, and to manage our relationship with you.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
• Communicate with you;
• Provide you with information about products and services you have purchased
• Provide and personalise our services
• Administering orders and accounts relating to our suppliers or stockists
• Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
• When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We also use your personal data for other purposes which may include the following:
• Providing you with information you have requested from us or we are required to send you
• Operational communications like changes to our website and services
• Marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
• Asking you for feedback
• To enhance our website and services
• To protect you so that we can detect and prevent any fraudulent or malicious activity
To market to you:
In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites or through third party websites and their platforms.
To analyse, aggregate and report:
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may hold your personal data in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper), this information is destroyed once it has been transferred to our electronic files.
We will only hold your information for the amount of time we need to provide you with the service you have requested, or the amount of time that is needed to provide you with support related issues. We might also retain information for a longer period of time if it is needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse and enforce our terms and conditions.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell any of your personal data, this includes your name, address and email address. However, your personal data may be disclosed to any of the following:
• our employees or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, and payment processors;
• our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
• professional service providers, suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, online marketing and retargeting and related purposes;
• if required by law, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We share your Personal Information with the following third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
We use WooCommerce to power our online store. Read more about how WooCommerce uses your Personal Information.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site-you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
DIRECT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products offered by us via email, or customized online advertising. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavor to use that method wherever practical to do so.
We do not provide your personal data to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
Please note that this might take a few days for all of our systems to be updated.
If you do choose to stop receiving marketing messages we will still contact you in relation to service communications such as online purchase order updates.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You may access your personal data held by ASTRA by making a request to us.
Phone: 03 9645 6346
Mail: 108 The Terrace, ASTRA Level 3, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail) and we will not charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
If you would like us to update or amend your personal data, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity through full name, date of birth and email address to ensure that personal data we hold is not improperly accessed.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to continue to provide marketing and information to you as an ongoing customer or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
If we no longer need your information, we will make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
You have the right to be informed about how your personal data is being used and the right to access the personal data that we hold about you at any time.
You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate information we hold about you and the right to request that we delete any data related to you or to stop processing or collecting your data at any time.
You have the right to stop any direct marketing messages we might send and to request the transfer of your data to yourself or another provider.
You have the right to complain to your data protection regulator.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us. Submitted details and personal information may be disclosed in special situations only where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights, property or users.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
108 The Terrace
ASTRA Level 3
Effective as of 21 May 2018